Sunday, August 13, 2006

Who is Scott Storch?

So chances are if you have been feelin the hip-hop and r&b jams playing on the radio, in clubs, and MTV in the past two to three years you probably nodded your head and leaned back to a song or two produced by Scott Storch. Like his hit making counterpart Jazze Pha [he of Ciara fame] Storch likes to shout his name from time to time on his own tracks. [See Chris Brown's Run It and Gimme That] Now putting a face to the name with producers ain't too hard, I know what Timbaland looks like, same goes with Dr. Dre, Dallas Austin, Rodney Jerkins, and even Rick Rubin. But for the life of me I had no idea who this Storch guy was. I had to see what this crazy beatsmith looked like, especially once I reviewed his "list of achievements" and realized many of my 'oh my god that is my jam! Turn that shit up' songs were produced by him. Check it out:

dr dre - still dre
xzibit - x
50 cent feat. olivia - candy shop
50 cent - just a lil bit
terror squad - lean back
lil kim - lighters up
busta rhymes - break ya neck co produced by dr dre, mike elizondo
the roots - dont say nuthin
chris brown - run it
chris brown - gimme that
mario - let me love you
justin timberlake - cry me a river co produced by timbaland
pink - family portrait
Christina Aguilera - Can't Hold Us Down
Christina Aguilera - Fighter
madonna feat. britney spears - me against the music remix
eve feat. gwen stefani - let me blow ya mind co produced by dr dre
beyonce feat. sean paul - baby boy
beyonce - naughty girl
beyonce - me myself and
paris hilton - fighting over me
paris hilton - Turn it up
Jessica Simpson - Fired Up

So who is this guy comin with it across the board with just about everybody in the hip-hop and r&b arena? Look below. I'll give you a hint, it's not the guy in the camoflague t-shirt.



For more on Scott check out the Rolling Stone article whose link is provided below. And see if you can get a feel for why on Christina Aguilera's new album she recorded a track entitled F.U.S.S. said to be directed at the hitmaker who co-wrote and/or produced 7 tracks on her last album Stripped.

  • Rolling Stone Scott Storch Interview
  • No comments: