Thursday, August 03, 2006

The times they are a changin'! 2



Remember the video for Southern Hospitality? Aside from the special effects and fly ass beat from the Neptunes, remember marveling in the awesomeness of Luda's afro. I wouldn't be so awe struck by one fro again til Spring Break of junior year in college when I saw ?uestlove combing his hair on VH1 and decided to step my game up and get my fro in order. It was a long and dutiful process, and though my hair never reached Luda or ?uestlove's heights, my hair became much more managable and more presentable. Less nappy more happy.

That was then. This is now. My hair is gone and I am back to rocking the low haircut fades of yesteryear. [Pre high school] And guess what? So is Chris "Ludacris" Bridges. I know right? According to MSNBC.com Ludacris has cut off his braids to symbolize a "new phase in his life." The new look coincides with the release of his new double album Release Therapy set to be released in September. The album will be his fifth and final one under the Def Jam imprint. Luda tells AllHipHop.com that "Release Therapy marks a new phase in my life. I'm very excited to move forward and try new things. Life is all about change and this album will hopefully reflect some of my growth as an artist and a person. With that said, it only makes sense that I 'shake things up' and try something different. Who knows what I'll come up with next?"

Timbaland finds time to train for body building contests while laying down phat beats.[no joke.] Busta Rhymes loses his dreads. Eminem gets depressed. Tyrese tries hip-hop. And now, Ludacris chops off his fro. You think you know, but you have no idea.

No comments: