Thursday, August 10, 2006

Big Ups Peaches!


Thursday morning. August 10, 2006. Rise and shine. Up doing my thang. You know, waking up, stretching, hitting the weights. I decide to give Peaches' new album Impeach My Bush a spin as I go through the motions of the morning. It's the perfect workout record. And it is also a good album to play start to finish. Sure you'll have tracks you'll adore more than others. [Downtown and and Rock the Shocker for me]Sure, but Peaches has succeeded in crafting an album that can flow from track to track without one having to skip a track or two in between and that is no small feat.

But that is not why I am extending a Big Ups her way. Peaches you get a Big Ups for attaining some coporate/mainstream exposure and by doing it in the best way possible, by having a non-single track off your album provide the soundtrack to a commercial; a song that can not make just me go 'who sings this?' everytime it plays cause it's just so goddamn catchy and good.

What am I talking about you ask?

So I am working out this morning and Impeach nears the end and this song comes on and I instantly recognize it as that song from those new Gap ads with all the crazy art and dancing. Now I have had Impeach My Bush since the first week it came out, but for some reason I still had no idea that the Gap ad was showcasing a track off of a NEW PEACHES RECORD!!!! The song in question? Do Ya. Hence the repeating of the phrase during the song and in the commercial.

So Big Ups to you Peaches cause I am sure I am not the only one who sees this commercial, hears the song, falls in love with it, and wonders aloud who sings this goddamn song? It's so catchy and good that my eight year old I-know-all-the-words-to-trapped-in-a-closet little sister sings along to it when it comes on and stopped to sing and boogie to it as I blasted it this morning during my workout. Keep up the good work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's another song on indie too. That album is definitely growing on me.