Monday, August 28, 2006

Big Ups Piven!


Sure he's no musician/singer/dancer/etc. but I f***ing love Jeremy Piven and I was just as excited as he was when he won the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for his over the top scene stealing agent Ari Gold[though Kevin Dillon's Johnny Drama is sneaking up on him in this dept.]in Entourage. [I also dug the dishelved 'oh I have an awards show to go to? Fuck! I just woke up from Saturday night's debauchery. Shit. Oh well I'll rock the Tom Ford aping fitted suit with an ascot' look.]

But you see Jeremy Piven gets even more points for the way he handled the pre-show banter with everyone's favorite celebrity interviewer, Access Hollywood's Billy Bush. I don't know about y'all but when I watch these pre-show things I am grateful I can press mute, look away, or find something else to watch. Celebrities don't have such a luxury on the red carpet. Kudos to Piven for not worrying about tainting an image or alienating fans and choosing to simply keep it real.

In a minute's time Billy Bush managed to not ask a hot and exhausted Jeremy Piven about his hit tv show, instead he went the US Weekly route asking whether he had laid eyes on any celebrity babies in the previous months. [Jennifer Garner's, Tom Cruise's, and Angelina's to be exact.] Channeling his inner Ari Gold Piven came back with, "I have 116 other things to do...I don't go hunting for celebrity babies, thank you, Billy." But Billy kept on and Piven left him with these fine words of wisdom:

"You need another job. You have potential as a human being... This may not be right for you. Seriously -- can you focus on other things?"


Spot on J-dawg. Spot on.

No comments: