Monday, August 14, 2006

Keep On, Keep, Keepin On


Kelis and I go back, way back. I was there when she was that new girl screaming how much she hated you right now on a hook, and I was able to get my hands on her sophomore album that never got released this side of the Atlantic and loved it. Well next week she's back with a brand new album and best believe I'll be all over that one. I already adore the first single, Bossy, an update on Caught Out There for 2006, and hopefully this new track spinning over at beautynthebeat.blogspot.com titled, Lil Star will be released as the next single, cause the album could use a new one. Now this song shines for various reasons, it's a slow moving and heavy number in the vein of Outkast's new Idlewild Blue track showcasing a low registered baritone vocal seldom heard from Kelis. The icing on the cake to it all? Cee-Lo Green who drops in every so often to rhapsodize on the hook and egg Kelis on letting her know that she is a star. Can the man do anything wrong these days? I've been with him ever since the stellar album that is Cee-Lo Green is the Soul Machine was released in 2004, along with a few Goodie Mob tracks, and do you even have to ask if I am feeling the side project that is Gnarls Barkley.

Still not convinced? Check it out for yourself here:

  • Kelis feat Cee-Lo-Lil Star
  • No comments: