Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Union Forver


I forget where I was exactly, but not too long ago I was scanning some indie rock blog and amidst all the up to date info on Snakes on a Plane, Killers bashing from fans, and anything Gnarls Barkley [your new favorite band even if you don't know it yet]I ran across a post that simply said something along the lines of 'I miss the White Stripes'. The writer had no new news or anything to report on the Stripes, he just posted a collection of great photos of the duo and longed for the not too far gone days where they were a force to be reckoned with and The Raconteurs were just an idea. [Not that I don't love me some Raconteurs. Best start and end songs on a disc this year: Steady as she goes and Blue Veins respectively.] I was angry I didn't come up with the idea first cause I do miss the White Stripes, and their Get Behind Me Satan tour was kickass. [Grab a performance of The Nurse and you'll see what I am talking about.] Word on the street is the "band" is just on hiatus which is good news to my ears. And later on this fall you can catch them on an episode of the Simpsons, which is apparently a dream come true for drummer Meg. Thank God they're still kicking.

No comments: