Thursday, November 09, 2006

What we gon' do right here is go back...way back...back into time...


Earlier this week I got a hard on for the nineties and posted
  • this.
  • Of course I couldn't just let myself stop there, so I looked around and found this over at Pitchfork, from November of 2003; a simpler time before hipper than thou music blogs found a soft spot in my heart. So if you have time to kill, a head to nod in agreement or shake in disbelief, then put on a good disc [I'm going with my latest purchase The Rolling Stones' Exile on Main St.] and click below.

  • Pitchfork: Top Albums of the 1990's


  • UPDATE:Out of 100 albums I own 12:

    #50-Aquemini-Outkast
    #48-Dummy-Portishead
    #26-The Blue Album-Weezer
    #21-Homogenic-Bjork
    #20-Post-Bjork
    #19-Odelay-Beck
    #18-Siamese Dream-The Smashing Pumpkins
    #15-The Bends-Radiohead
    #13-In Utero-Nirvana
    #6-Nevermind-Nirvana
    #3-The Soft Bulletin-The Flaming Lips
    #1-Ok Computer-Radiohead[come on now, of course I own the #1 album on the list cause I be's like that. And of course said album is by Radiohead, though I was expecting Nirvana.]

    Once again Pitchfork has proven what I knew all along: in the 90's [along with today] I

    #1 had horrible taste in music AND
    #2 bought what critics told me to

    No comments: