Thursday, November 30, 2006

New flava in ya ear!

Let me just go ahead and get this out of the way right now. When it comes to reality television show marathons, I can't, more often than not, look away. Project Runway, Flavor of Love, and whatever MTV puts on repeat instead of showcasing you know, actual music.

Now when it comes to Making the Band, nothing can top the infamous season that featured Dylan and the gang. Walking to Brooklyn for cheesecake, taking the boy out the hood but not being able to take the hood out the homeboy, wide eyed ambition, shattered dreams, and of course here a fight, there a fight, everywhere a FIGHT! FIGHT!

But I would be a lie if I sat here and pretended like I didn't take in an episode or two [or five or six] of Making the Band 3. Sure it was no Making the Band 2, but a shitton of girls vying for a spot in an all female supergroup meant that drama and of course hillarity would ensue, you know, like chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side.

I didn't watch Making the Band 3 religiously, but I did manage to somehow get yet another
  • drunken late night viewing
  • of MTV's Making the Video featuring Making the Band 3's finished product Danity Kane filming their brand spanking new video Showstopper.

    You know where this is going...

    I have yet to download or purchase this song, but whenever it comes on, I have to bob my head and actually get my shoulder lean on, cause you know what, it ain't bad at all. Yeah that's right...I went there. I like the cooing, the name dropping, and all that eye candy that somehow manages to ooze through the speakers and come to life as you bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce to the beat. Kudos Diddy. I'm feeling this one.



    Here's hoping the girls can come with it again and not "disband."

    No comments: