Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It's like candy!

I have got to stop buying albums and ignoring singles.



Remember those? There once was a time when people would get just as excited for singles releases as they did for full length albums. I was once like that. [Especially with cassingles. Remember those?] Singles kick ass for the simple fact that often they are filled with a great remix or two of the track offered on the single [see Janet Jackson's Together Again remixes] or have new songs altogether left off the album. [Also known as B-sides.]

If I was still an avid single buyer I would have definitely gone out and got a copy of Basement Jaxx's Take Me Back to Your House from their latest, Crazy Itch Radio. Crazy itch indeed, cause Lollipop, the bass heavy, "new-IM twinkle from the dialup years of AOL sampling" [thanks
  • Idolator
  • ], vamp danceathon is the jam. Definitely a good thing to stumble upon as my mind, body, and soul remain stuck in the
  • Presets/the Rapture euphoric haze
  • I entered into Monday night. Hey it's their world...I'm just living in it!

  • Listen here/Idolator: Listening Station: Basement Jaxx Send Roxanne Shante An IM
  • No comments: