Sunday, November 12, 2006

Get into the groove


Okay, so it should be no secret that I, along with the rest of world, am a huge fan of Madonna's hit single Hung Up. It's one of those irresistible pop ditties [with a few dancetastic florusihes here and there] that manages to light up both a dancefloor filled with hipsters in the hills of Echo Park and a small common room filled with twentysomething college students grooving to the break of dawn in Brunswick, Maine.

For a while I had no idea that the opening groove that repeats itself so wondefully throughout the track was actually an ABBA sample. I was curious. I had to see what all the fuss was about and why Madonna chose to sample Gimme Gimme Gimme [Man after Midnight]. And shortly afterwards I found out why. Said song is classic ABBA: lush harmonies, swirling soundscapes, and subtle sex appeal. It has now become one of my jams, on repeat when I wanna get up on the good foot and shake that ass.



And now we may have a little bit of Hung Up times ten on our hands, cause word on the street is Madonna will soon be hard at work with Agnetha Faltskog and Frida Lyngstad, also known as the ladies of ABBA. If all goes well, we could very well have a pop/dance masterpiece on our hands.

Developing...

  • The Sun Online-Bizarre: MABBA
  • No comments: