Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Disconnect the Dots


I miss being assistant music director for WBOR 91.1 FM in Brunswick. The obvious perk of being surrounded by music all the time is a given, but there were other small joys, such as seeing what other people were digging by charting, podcasts, and of course, discovering music and artists that would normally be nowhere in my radar. I remember the first time I heard Of Montreal. I came in with 2004's Satanic Panic in the Attic. Open. Place. Press Play. Track one. Disconnect the Dots. I was hooked. Hand claps, rollicking guitar, and a beat that could have a toe or two tap along to it. Placing a great track at the helm is genuis, and not many artists succeed in sucking you in mere seconds with track one. With Disconnect the Dots, Of Montreal did. To be able to keep the party going from track one on, DOUBLE WHAMMY! And once again, Of Montreal answer it's already been brought to the commamnd of Bring it on! When 2005 rolled around and Of Montreal released The Sunlandic Twins I went out and bought, not allowing myself to be content with a burnt copy of the advanced disc sent to WBOR. I can go on and on about the joyful harmonies, sunshine vistas, and my forever all the time love for wrath pinned to the mist and other games, but I won't cause there's new music to talk about. On January 23rd, the band returns with a new album, Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? And the boys in the band are feeling generous letting fans get their stream on way before the official street date. Do yourself a favor and join me as I revel in Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer's? trippy, swirling joy fantastic.

  • Of Montreal[]Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?
  • No comments: