Sunday, November 05, 2006

Big Ups Borat Sagdiyev!


Man was this a good weekend for me and the movies. Last night I got to marvel at the sex-tastic glory that is John Cameron Mitchell's
  • Shortbus.
  • And on the night before that I managed to get my hands on some tickets to the 11:20 showing of
  • Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan,
  • one of the funniest movies I have ever seen in my life. Getting tickets to the movie on opening night in Los Angeles online was no small feat, and for a minute I was getting sick of all the hype [as was the case for many with SOAP], but it was all worth it. And boy am I glad that it managed to pack theatres [like the one I was in] and go on to gross 26 million this weekend, making it the
  • number one movie in the country.
  • Big Ups playa! I haven't had that much fun since
  • Snakes on a Plane.
  • No comments: