Sunday, November 19, 2006

Carry on my wayward son!

No reason for my rhyme here...

On my way home from the restaurant this afternoon I gave My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade yet another good listen and when I got to track eight I was reminded of the pure magic that is a great rock ballad. Reminds me of that time I brought my IPod to a friend's party, "spinning" current Justin, Furtado, Chic, Aretha, Basment Jaxx and the like for the crowd of miscreants, when a jocky USCD (?) student approached me and asked if I had Don't Stop Believin' on the Pod. I did. And for four minutes and ten seconds everyone, including those who don't dance no more [the jocks, burnouts, overtly metrosexual males who resided in the background against the walls and on the couches]sang along, put them lighters up, and reveled in the pure magic that is a good rock ballad.

No comments: