Monday, November 13, 2006

I wanna rock! I wanna rock! I wanna rock!

Okay so the few times I have ventured out to Cinespace on a Tuesday night, I have been surrounded by youngins trying too hard to be seen, "the broken, the beaten, and the damned," a very small group of people checking their inhibitions and attitudes at the door and actually getting down to the surprisingly good tunes being spun in the background, [One night I heard Bell Biv Devoe's Poison, Another Bad Creation's Iesha, the extended version of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song, and Sir Mix A Lot's Baby Got Back all in one set]and drinkless.

To make a long story short, I may have to set aside whatever middling feelings I have about the place where hipsters come to play. Why? Because of this:



Man. 2 Live Crew and Har Mar Superstar? MAAANN...You don't even know. I got my freak on at many a ghetto house party in junior high school to Luke's Scarred. -SMH-What you know about THAT?

No comments: