Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Old school funk for the true funk soldiers

My sister stopped by today to hang before she made her way to work. Down she sat in front of the comp myspacing away and playing her old school jams. Now one thing you must know about my sister is that she loves her some slow jams and R&B especially old school joints. While chilling outside, she turned on the radio in the garage, first song up: Oye Como Va. She hummed a few lines, did a little dance, and quickly changed the station with a laugh. Up next: Computer Love. Needless to say, this jam stayed on til we went back inside. Once inside she was back at it again, but this time it was something unfamiliar to me, so I took a step back and tried hard to make a guess, but nothing cmae. Two songs later I knew what was playing. Lucy Pearl. That's right. Lucy Pearl. Dance Tonight came on and I took it upon myself to turn up the speakers and get my groove on. Good times.

No comments: