Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I Ain't Got Nobody!

Riding in the car with the siblings last night and the subject of Justin Timberlake came up; how much we all enjoyed the kinetic energy and vibe of the Stripped/Justified tour a few years back, and it got me thinking about the upcoming JT tour venture and whether it would be worth attending, to which I added what I presumed was the icing on the cake: "well you know Pink is opening for him." Now I say icing on the cake because my lil sis and I saw her on the Mizzundastood tour and her first two discs were well recieved by us all.

But I was wrong.

"Pink has fallen off the map for me." "Yeah, she's all punk and rock and shit now." Damn. Scratch that. Change the subject! Quick! Uh, damn this track is the shit. I like this album. [Janet Jackson's 20 Y.O. was providing the sdtrk. for our ride]

But you know what, I see where they are coming from. Pink didn't fall off the map for me, but I would be lying if I were to say my interest waned a bit [okay, a lot] after Mizzundastood, which is strange considering how much I adored it. Try this? Nope, I didn't. When I'm Not Dead dropped earlier this year, I barely paid attention and didn't care much for the first single Stupid Girls. Then this summer while riding with my friend Justin I'm Not Dead played on in the background and I thought to myself, damn, the girl's still got it. I quickly got my hands on a fine mix of b-girl posing, biting humor, and of course those wonderfully sultry [and powerful] vocals.

I particularly took a shining to some of the downtempo numbers [and of course U + Ur Hand], and this new single, Nobody Knows showcases why Pink should have never fallen off the map with me. Sure the video is all I'm a star qnd I'm lonely. Yeah, I got all this money, but do I really have anything to show for it? But in her struggle to be emotionally effective via her lyrics, vocals, and choice of plot in the video, Pink just about nails it, making even a playing to an empty room closing shot work in her favor. Check it out!

No comments: