Monday, October 30, 2006

Clap Hands!

When Guero came out I ventured out to my local record store to get my hands on it. When I got to the cash register and plopped it on the counter, the hipper than thou clerk looked at me and said 'well you know, you can get the deluxe edition for a few dollars extra. It comes in this cool booklet packaging and it has a dvd with art videos for each track.' I'm a sucker so of course I went back to the new release wall and grabbed it. [The same thing was done at the same store when Demon Days came out. I have yet to watch either of the bonus dvd's for Demon Days or Guero.]

The deluxe edition of Guero also had a few bonus tracks, most notably, Clap Hands. If you have not heard this song yet, you should. It's a nod to old school hip-hop that's all vagabond swagger, blips, beeps, and robot inspiring moments of fancy. If you are a Beck fan and haven't been living under a rock for the past two years, you know that the recent tours have been about marionettes and a dinner table complete with percussion when it is time to perform Clap Hands. The last time I saw Beck live was the Midnite Vultures tour so I have to read reviews and close my eyes and imagine the goodness. Lucky for me [or us] he brought all this to SNL last weekend. Enjoy it while supplies last. Cause any minute now NBC will take this down. TRUST.

No comments: