Sunday, October 15, 2006

I wanna be sedated!


Ryan is
  • at it again.
  • You know you really gotta admire the artists who are truly passionate about what it is they do. Artists such as Beck and/or the Beatles and Rolling Stones before him, are so passionate and invested in the art of crafting new tunes that doing so never ends. This is the reason why we see an album a year, endless b-sides, and countless unreleased demos and remixes. And if they discover a new genre, look out cause there goes another well to tap til it runs dry. Case in point: the "prolific", always creating, alt-rock/countrified madman Ryan Adams has launched a Cardinal radio station on his website. 35 tracks. Lots and lots of Ryan, including the rarely seen punk rock side of Ryan Adams. The first 12 of the 35 trakcs find Ryan in full punk rock mode, thrashing out songs in two minutes or less. Since I am a fan I have to admit that I don't think they are that bad. [And I don't dislike punk, but it's not a genre I find myself going to or clamoring for that often, if at all.] And the best part of it all has to be when Chuck Norris welcomes you in at the top of the set before all the chaos kicks in.

    Now that's what I'm talking about!

    Listen to Ryan's Cardinal Radio Station
  • here.
  • No comments: