Monday, October 23, 2006

I be up in the gym just working on my fitness!

Whenever I get my hands on a new cd I of course play the hell out of the single [especially if it's banging], but more often than not, there's a track or two [sometimes more if I'm lucky and the artist is feeling generous] that are just fire and become go to tracks when I press play. And if I am real lucky said track becomes a single.

It should be no surprise by now that I am in love with Fergalicious, track one off Fergie's new disc, The Dutchess. Sure we can sit here and discuss whether Fergie killed the Black Eyed Peas, if she is indeed talented, or if she's aping Gwen Stefani's style and persona, but that's not what's important right now. Let's instead give props to her and Will.i.am for the killer beat, the nod to JJ Fad's Supersonic, Salt-N-Pepa, and the bona fide confidence and sex appeal that just oozes from her delivery. This song deserves to be a hit and shouldn't be out of place in the clubs, with the hipsters [though it probably will, she is Fergie after all], and with all the kids going bonkers over Chicken Noodle Soup.

So here it is, the Willy Wonka inspired video for Fergalicious. Enjoy! [before a record company or network yanks it from YouTube]

No comments: