Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Crazy Itch Radio!


Say what you want about Pitchfork, but for me they often succeed in turning me on to new bands and/or new albums by some of my favorite artists or new albums that I should give a spin. Last fall I stumbled onto Pitchfork's homepage and there it was, a review for Junior Senior's new album, Hey Hey My My Yo Yo. Now the first time around I missed the bus and slept on Junior Senior. Luckily I did manage to fall in love with Move Your Feet and would later fall in love all over again with the nearly six minute DFA remix of Shake Your Coconuts. If you haven't noticed, I love dance music, or music created with the specific intent of getting you to shake that ass: Scissor Sisters, Basement Jaxx, the new Justin Timberlake, Prince, Janet and Michael, etc. etc. After reading Pitchfork's review, I knew I had to get my hands on Hey Hey My My Yo Yo. And I did. And I have been bumping that shit ever since. B-Boy European rapping, clap alongs, sing alongs, vocal turns from the ladies of the B-52's and Le Tigre, traces of Abba, and soul tastic disco. It's so sugary, so fluffy, yet so full of substance. I can't express how much I adore this disc and how it accomplishes the much sought after feat of being unskippable from start to the finish. Seek it out if you are a fan of Motown, Acid House Kings, B-52's, Abba, The Go Team! or rump shaking.

Don't belive me? Just ask the folks over at Idolator.
  • Please Release Me: Junior Senior's "Hey Hey My My Yo Yo"
  • No comments: