Thursday, October 19, 2006

Come with me inside...inside my velvet rope



So my boy Justin recently posted the top 25 albums and movies of his lifetime and it got me to thinking, at 22, what are the 25 artists and albums that helped define Tauwan Patterson's life? Well not really defined, but got played out, and/or still get played out til this day; albums that at the outset and throughout the duration of their stay in my stereo and disc man were deemed "legendary" or chocked full of poppy and musical goodness. So here it is, my list. Now keep in mind, I could have been a scenester and listed Franz, some vintage Dylan, some old school "true" country and bluegrass or soul music, but naw I went with my heart and kept it real. The 2pac double album from my middle school days, the pop that I allowed myself to get sucked into right before and during high school, and of course that double album no one really liked by that band that I would turn to whenever I wanted to sit in the dark and cry at the ways in which my teenage post-college life was going to hell. So here it is, my list, in no particular order:

1. Janet Jackson-Rhythm Nation 1814/All For You/The Velvet Rope
2. 2Pac-All Eyez on Me
3. TLC-CrazySexyCool
4. Spice Girls-Spice/Spice World
5. Backstreet Boys-s/t/ Millenium
6. Basment Jaxx-Rooty
7. Beck-Midnite Vultures
8. Jewel-Spirit
9. Nelly Furtado-Whoa Nelly!
10. Macy Gray-The Id
11. Madonna-The Immaculate Collection
12. Wilco-Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
13. Pink-Mizzundastood
14. Radiohead-The Bends/Ok Computer/Amnesiac
15. Michael Jackson-Off the Wall
16. Mariah Carey-Butterfly/Daydream
17. Marilyn Manson-Mechanical Animals
18. Nikka Costa-Everybody's Got their Something
19. NIN-The Fragile
20. NSYNC-s/t
21. Oasis-What's the Story Morning Glory?
22. Shelby Lynne-I am Shelby Lynne
23. Queens of the Stone Age-Songs for the Deaf
24. Hot Hot Heat-Elevator
25. Nirvana-Unplugged in New York


Yeah. I loved/still love me some pop music. Goddamn.

No comments: