Monday, October 16, 2006

Bad bad bad bad boy


Fear of the Week: I will get my hands on Diddy's guest star heavy new album Press Play and actually enjoy it. I'll sit through all the clumsy and juvenille raps from the disc's headliner and bob my head to the fly beats and stellar cameos from his guests. How do I know this? Cause back in the late 90's I was all about Bad Boy. I still own all the cd's from my childhood and I don't know if this is some random act of fate, but though my purchased copy of Harlem World is still intact booklet and all [And don't get me started on how when my uncle took me to purchase a cd and I picked Mase's Harlem World, he looked at it like, that? Are you sure? Totally reminscent of the way Michael Bluth and company would utter "her" whenever the topic of George Michael's girlfriend Ann came up on Arrested Development.]

But I digress.

Where was I? Oh yes, so though Harlem World is still present in my giant cd case, No Way Out is nowhere to be found. I lost it. And I know I enjoyed that disc. Knew all the words to All About the Benjamins, used to love me some I'll Be Missing You [before it got played out and I was old enough to know better], and the disc could never make it through the last track, Can't Nobody Hold Me Down, cause the cd was so worn out from being spun so many times that this jam would skip and skip and skip til it couldn't skip no more.

-Sigh- So to make a long story short, I'm giving Diddy a chance and I'll probably enjoy some of it. -Sigh- Don't be surprised if one of his new jams winds up on some playlist I craft up in the near future.

No comments: