Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Quote of the Day!


As a former a capella singer "extraordinaire" I had to post this hillarious opening paragraph on fake a capella reviews, taken from
  • Idolator.
  • Yeah I spent most of my college career rehashing the hits in a capella form, [in the 3rd oldest a capella group in the nation. Yeah, that's right. Big Pimpin'] but I was also blown away at the outset of it all by how popular the a capella phenomenon was in college settings.

    [I should also mention that I spent grades K-12 in Southern California public schools and then went to a small liberal arts college on the ast coast. Needless to say, the closest thing I encountered that resembled an a capella concert were half-assed and/or ghetto talent shows at schools and birthday parties. Oh childhood.]


    And now the quote:

    "There are several things we will never be able to explain to future generations: Donald Rumsfield. Ja Rule. The humor of imagining Donald Rumsfield listening to Ja Rule. But nothing mystifies more than the enduring appeal of college a cappella singers, who take their self-imposed celibacy out on the rest of the world by wearing bow ties and singing horrid vocal versions of current radio hits."

    Hillarious!

    Idolator:
  • Pick Of The Dork: Can You Guess The Fake A Cappella Album Review?
  • No comments: