Monday, October 16, 2006

Bad bad bad bad boy [update]


Making my way through this Diddy album. I'm at track nine, P. Diddy Rock, a track that includes some fine back up from Timbaland, Twista, and Shawnna. It's another fine example of Diddy surrounding himself with more talented folk in order to make a track shine. I love the minimalist bleeping beat and the speed with which Twista and Shawnna come with it on their verses. Unfortunately I can not excuse the following couplet that comes at the end of the hook sung by Timbaland:

Baby let me be your tour guide/I'm your Burger/You're my fries

WTF does that even mean? And how did Timbaland not laugh when he saw the lyrics sheet? Well, on second thought maybe he did laugh, but it was a marijuana induced laughter meaning that he saw it, put it to the beat, laughed his ass off and when all was said and done looked at Diddy and was like, fire baby! Diddy recently admitted that he hardly wrote any of his old joints, but on this album he dived head first into the writing process and boy does it show on this hook. [shakes head back and forth]

No comments: