Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Headline of the Day!


Mike Skinner couldn't do it. Nor could M.I.A. or Dizzee Rascal. And time will only tell if cute little Lily Allen can do it, but Lil Miss Lady Sovereign has gone and done the impossible. The video for her single Love Me or Hate Me off her forthcoming album on Def Jam records hit number one on TRL. I know, I know, I can't believe it either. Early last week I sat through a few minutes of TRL for the first time in ages just to catch a glimpse of the new Christina Aguilera video that they kept plugging before every commercial break. Just as I suspected, the videos on the countdown belonged to My Chemical Romance, Beyonce, Jojo, and the like. Hearing that Lady Sovereign hit number one on the countdown is out of control. Do they broadcast TRL on MTV2 or MTVU now cause then her attaining the top spot would make much more sense. Let's see how long Jay-Z can bask in the promotional "success" of an artist that I am sure was frowned upon when he decided to sign her to Def Jam.

  • Lady Sovereign Hits Number One on "TRL"
  • [
  • Pitchfork
  • ]

    Check out the video below. With all the panic going on at the discos and the like, would you have ever guessed that a video by a short female British rapper would be the top of the pops on MTV?

    No comments: