Thursday, May 31, 2007

You should be dancing!


I have a good friend. A long time ago, we used to be roommates. He and I share a fond love for all things music. It was him who turned me on to such things as torrent files, Oink accounts, and good shit for the masses before it was unleashed unto the masses.

Whenever we play catch up I make sure I always ask him what he is digging at the moment. [And sigh with relief that he doesn't ask me the same thing.] On one such occassion he threw out Architecture In Helsinki; he had just seen them at SXSW or something and couldn't keep them off repeat. For some reason the name didn't stick. It went in one ear and out the other.

But that may change as of this morning.

For you see one of my favorite indie dance bands that could have gone and covered an Architecture In Helsinki track which may lead me to go backwards and seek out some original shit all because I dig the cover.

Did you catch that?

And the band I am talking about, of course, is Hey Willpower. As you may recall earlier:

If you ain't hip to Hey Willpower, do yourself a favor and cop the EP. You won't be dissapointed.



Gotta love the choreography breakdowns. Is anyone else feeling the dance revival going on in the indie/hipster community or am I the only one?


So here we are again. Hey Willpower. Heart it Races. Architecture in Helsinki cover. Check it out.

  • STEREOGUM: Dr. Dog, Soft Tigers, And Hey Willpower! Cover Architecture In Helsinki
  • No comments: