Friday, May 11, 2007

Amy what? Amy who?


When I first got my hands on Back to Black, and others around me heard a beat or two, I would immediately be asked if I was bumping that new Lauryn Hill joint. Hell, even I resorted to throwing out Lauryn Hill comparisons at the outset when trying to convince people to press play. And while praising Back to Black in his myspace blog late last year, Roots drummer ?uestlove proclaimed that "this is the album Lauryn woulda KILLED for..."

I am sure this is all music to L-Boogie's ears. [if the word has gotten back to her] Maybe that is why she's coming out of hiding to play three dates this July in the U.K. Here's hoping she brings it, and leaves the biting commentary, sore throat, and hard, standoffish exterior at home. [Not gon lie though; I did love me some MTV Unplugged 2.0 for a minute back in high school]

  • PITCHFORK: Lauryn Hill to Play Rare UK Dates
  • No comments: