Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Pieces of the people we love

I have a confession to make. I am a young twentysomething male who occasionally blogs, and enjoys dancing and listening to music, but I don't really care for the music of Dan Deacon. -GASP!- Sure the man is being championed by every music blog from here to Calcutta, but I don't know, -sigh- I'm just not feeling it dawg. But you know what I am feeling? This video presented below, taken from a recent show put on by Mr.Deacon at the Mercury Lounge in New York City. Not content with just standing there with crossed arms, staring you down, drinking, moaning, and dissing like the best of them, the crowd at this show [under the direction of Mr. Deacon of course]formed a circle, released their inhibitions, and got up on the good foot with a good old fashioned game of Dance-Tag. The dancing may not be on some Alvin Ailey or even Soul Train line level type shit, but that's not the point. Watching this video almost makes you wish you were there, and let's the world know that it is okay to cut a rug and actually look like you are having a good time when you attend a show. You paid good money to catch this live, so why not bring that fire you unleash in your bedroom everytime you press play when you hit the concert venue? I'm just saying. And stop looking at me like that, I'm not drunk [though I could be], I'm just getting down to my jam. The people up there in front of me wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: