Friday, May 25, 2007

A Moment of Clarity



Dear Amerie,

So I finally got my hands on your new album Because I Love It, which I hear is out everywhere else in the world except the U.S. of A. [We gotta wait til July to snap it up] But seriously, I am only five tracks in and I felt the need to throw some love you way. Why? Because I love it. The jazz like flourishes, the free-form vibe of it all, and the 80's nostalgia that jumps out here and there is just too much. Sorry I slept on you all this time, caring only for your kurazy singles [which should have led me back to your albums in the first place] AND I apologize for gushing all over Beyonce's B-Day when it is so obvious that the bottom half of her album is a nice little "nod" to your swagger and style.

Play on playa,

Tauwan

  • FOURFOUR: Because I really love it


  • No comments: