Thursday, May 10, 2007

Riddle Me This



Okay, so it's official. I downloaded Rihanna's new single Unmbrella this morning. It will now go onto my iPod and go on to be played over and over again til I grow tired of it. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Initially I didn't think much of the song, then I saw the video and gave it another listen, and well here we are now, with me surrendering yet again to a well crafted single by the 19 year old vixen from Barbados. [Seriously I don't care what anyone says, she has been looking quite foxy recently]

Rihanna is yet another one of those interesting phenomenons for me. Another one of those popular popstars with the fun, vibrant, and accessible singles for the masses to enjoy. Another one of those artists whose albums you would probably never find yourself purchasing, but if you did, it would be only to have those few hit singles at your disposal whenever you felt the need to get your boogie on. Am I right or am I right? Whatever the case may be, good for Rihanna. [or shall I say good for Jay-Z and his Def Jam imprint?] I mean really, a few years back while flipping through some music channel or watching TRL [what?]who would've thought that the girl asking the DJ to Pon De Replay would still be tossing out hits left and right and set to release her third album in three years? Certainly not I.

No comments: