Saturday, May 19, 2007

Video of the Night!

There once was a time [let's just call it summer of 2006] when Lily Allen was in heavy rotation round these parts. Before the hype, before the magazine covers, my boy Justin grabbed a high priced import copy of her debut from the Virgin Megastore, based solely on her cover art and what he heard when he gave it a listen in the store, and boy did we have a gay old time listening to her on the freeway, and chuckling at her lyrics. [Lily to an unsuspecting suitor on track two, Knock Em' Out: "I got herpes. No AIDS. Yeah AIDS!"] And then it fizzled. I moved on. I realized that the disc is a little top heavy and this soulful brit chick named Amy Winehouse [have you heard of her?] came along and rocked my world. Though this may be the case, I still love me some Lily and can't wait to see what happens next. She's cute, she's talented, and as this video below proves, she also hillarious when candid. Check it out:

No comments: