Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Do you know what it takes

In this house we got the time and the energy for American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance [returning next week! I am too excited!], and of course Dancing with the Stars. On last night's let's drag what should be a 30 minute episode into a filler filled one hour results show, one of the guest performers was Enrique Iglesias. Huh? What? What is he promoting? More importantly, where the hell has he been? He's still making music? Okay. Of course I sat up and paid attention. Look, if you know me or read this blog, then you already know that Tauwan likes him some pop music, and more often than not I don't discriminate. Hero, Don't Turn Off The Lights, Bailamos, Be With You. If I were to hear these songs right now, I would sing along and probably enjoy myself and not in some young ironic, hip to be square kind of way. But I don't know about this song presented below. I mean why does it look like it hurts so much to sing that chorus? It's as if I am watching an a capella group cover Enrigue Iglesias, and the lead vocalist just can't cut it. I don't know. And is it just me or does his band wish they were somewhere else? I don't know, this pop song just does nothing for me. Maybe that's why I turned away for a few seconds before coming back to catch the end. Just because...

No comments: