Wednesday, July 19, 2006

"We Strive at Home! We Ride on Chrome!"

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Friday September 9, 2005. 14A, one of the best quads on campus was host to the initiation festivities for the two new Meddiebempsters. We all know what that means: 40's, pizza, rollerblades, anda bunch of dudes partaking in drunken harmonizing. Around 5:10 p.m. I cracked open my Colt 45 and downed that shit like it was my motherfucking job. Shortly thereafter the Meddies arrived at their designated time of 5:30. Shortly thereafter Tauwan downed his second 40 [that's right, second] grabbed some rollerskates and prepared to prance around campus with his meddie bretheren. Now for those of you who don't know, when inducted into the well oiled institution that is the meddies, one has to strip down to his skivies, put on our well honored polar bear tie, and sing Bowdoin Beata, [our dear alma mater] in the dining halls for all the world to see. Those of us who aren't senior get to be loud and rollerbalde throughout the dining halls singing and shouting, all the while losing a studded belt and a kick ass buckle from Nordstrom's.[God I was wasted and I still have no clue where my sweet sweet buckle is.] Shortly thereafter we all return to where we started, 14A, the quad of champions, playing Mariah, N SYNC, The Darkness, Britney Spears, and whatever else a group of adult male singers can harmonize to. All the while I continue to keep drinking, stumbling all over the place, knocking over microwaves, bumping into walls, and taking out fridges. And from there on out, it is sadly, all a blur. All I know is at 8 p.m. on a Friday night I knocked out and didn't open my eyes again til 5:31 a.m. At which point I woke up fully dressed with a trashcan and nalgene full of water next to my bed wondering how the fuck I got here, what happened exactly, and why my head was spinning like whoa, and my mouth was so fucking dry. Oh and just in case you were wondering, yes the whole campus let me know that I was a shit show the previous night as I nursed what I like to call the best hangover ever from the time I got up up until about 6 or 7 pm. Damn you Malt Liquor. ...oh I can never stay mad at you for too long though. What a shit show.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, yes I did puke when I woke up after eating two meatballs and a cold slice of cheese pizza.

No comments: