Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dreams, Hopes, and Aspirations...



See that woman to your left. Doesn't she just look so goddamn happy? I mean look at her, she just exudes happiness. It is practically oozing from her armpits. A few minutes ago there I stood in my kitchen flipping through channels and there she was, radiant, clevage barring, and just real, going on and on on some rant about beauticians on It's Showtime at the Apollo! that had the audience [for the most part] rolling out of their seats. As the camera went back and forth between shots of Mo'Nique on stage telling it like it is and the audience laughing their asses off like some sort of urban version of America's Funniest Home Videos audience it hit me: I need to get my ass to New York, have a few drinks, smoke some herb [shit maybe lots], and get my ass in that crowd. Think about it, booing talentless hacks on national television, people watching [with hillarious results], and I get a free performance twice by some hot hip-hop and/or R&B artist where said artist will probably yell into the mic trying to out loud the backing track. Everyone in that audience just looks so goddamn happy. I haven't seen this much urban glee since last night's rerun of Comic View on BET. Who's with me?

No comments: