Tuesday, July 25, 2006

And if you don't know now you know



The following passage is taken from today's Calendar section of the Los Angeles Times. Now normally I would add my own witty/biting opinion or social commentary, but here I think I am going to just let the words speak for themself. After all when I read it I had to go back and read it again and simply took a breath and said, "hmm."

In the works: Actor Vin Diesel and Black Entertainment Television are developing an animated series based on the exploits of military leader Hannibal of Carthage. The project, "Hannibal the Conqueror," is scheduled for the fall of 2007 and would be the network's first animated series.

Okay, so how is it that Adult Swim gets a cartoon with music,plot lines, and voice work from Andre 3000 [not to mention the gangstalicious screen adaptation of Aaron McGruder's The Boondocks] and BET gets a cartoon from Vin Diesel based on the military exploits of Hannibal of Carthage? What the hell is that about? When is it going to air? Saturday mornings following T.D. Jakes? Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments: