Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Next Big Scene

Monday, March 13, 2006

Has anyone read the new Spin magazine? The Next Big Things Issue with My Chemical Romance on the cover? Well I have it and guess what the next big scene is....SILVERLAKE. Yeah I know. A nearly six page article on the city and it's people and hangouts and Spaceland and the Cobrasnake and Dj Aoki and Beck and har mar and bands from the area you need to hear now. [they left out Tsar but that is cool I guess.] What does the tagline read for the article? It goes a little something like this:

"After a decade as the hippest neighborhood in Los Angeles, this bohemian enclave has finally spawned the most buzz worthy rock scene in the country."

Take that Brooklyn and Montreal. Damn I am surprised I don't see anyone I know in any of the photographs that accompany the article. In the words of Anna and and Ginny, 'I am so scene.!'

No comments: