Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Two steps forward, and two steps back, come on!


Dear Panic! At the Disco,

So you and I have had a rocky relationship. First off, I immediately cast you aside as some mall pop-punk band that was way too overhyped. And then I went and did the unthinkable. I went and decided to cast you aside without even hearing a lick of your tunes. This is always troublesome, especially once a band or artist you try to despise releases a single that you secretly hum along to when the chorus comes a knockin. [see I Write Sins Not Tragedies] I somehow wound up at a concert of yours last week in Long Beach, and to be honest, the main reason why I didn't enjoy myself as much as the leigons of frat boys/straight men I wouldn't expect to enjoy your tunes in private that populated the place, is because I was only familiar with the single and was just waiting for it to be performed. [Though I must give you props for covering Killer Queen and Eleanor Rigby, with the former going almost recognizable by your adoring fans.]

So skip ahead to today. A lot of websites, magazines, and blogs are listing their best of lists for the year singles wise and you appear here and there which made me curious and in turn lead me to get my hands on your debut album, and guess what? I actually enjoy it. So I apologize for being a dick. But for now, let me accept these turn of events and keep it in the closet like those frat boys do when they aren't shouting their love for you from the rooftops amongst a sea of their fellow adoring Panic! at the Disco loving peers.

Sincerely,

Tauwan

No comments: