Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Old school funk for the true funk soldiers!

See
  • I Will Follow You Into the Dark.


  • I remember sitting in my dorm room one Saturday morning hungover as hell and flipping through music channels. On came MTV2 and this video. For those three minutes the once awesome power of MTV took me over, as I sat motionless, unable to look away, and fell completely in love with a song thanks to a music video. Before all of this Bright Eyes was just another indie "wunderkid" I couldn't understand. [I was and am still in love with Ryan Adams and couldn't have someone come in and encroach on his "New Dylan" status. :). Maybe the same will happen somewhere down the line for me and TV on the Radio?]

    I jumped up and stumbled down the road to Bull Moose Records. I'm Wide Awake It's Morning had to be mine.


    ...and so beagn the first day of my life with Bright Eyes.




    Big ups to
  • Chris
  • for putting this back on my radar.

    No comments: