Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Feel like makin love!


From
  • Stereogum:


  • "Yahoo Music conducted a poll asking people what song they like to play while getting freaky. The Sun reported the story, which comes with a one sentence explanation from a music psychologist:

    One function of music is to seduce."

    Here's the list:

    01. Marvin Gaye – "Sexual Healing"
    02. U2 – "With Or Without You"
    03. Barry White – "My First My Last My Everything"
    04. Serge Gainsbourg & Jane Birkin – "Je T’aime"
    05. Chris Isaac – "Wicked Game"
    06. Al Green – "Let’s Stay Together"
    07. Phyllis Nelson – "Move Closer"
    08. INXS – "I Need You Tonight"
    09. Madonna – "Justify My Love"
    10. Kylie Minogue – "Slow"
    11. Justin Timberlake -"Sexyback"
    12. Massive Attack - "Teardrop"
    13. Portishead - "Glorybox
    14. Jimi Hendrix - "Foxy Lady"
    15. Goldfrapp - "Number 1"

    What?

    I agree that many of these songs are indeed sexy and/or do an okay job of oozing sex appeal, but worthy enough of providing the soundtrack to a sex filled romp? I don't know about all that. Wicked Game? My First, My Last, My Everything? [def not getting my freak on to disco] Sexyback? I don't know playa.

    Now nine times out of ten I am too drunk/horny/in the mood to romance the stone that playing music to set the mood or provide a backdrop for making love never crosses my mind. [Unless you count that one time Madonna's Confessions on a Dancefloor was put on so not wake a roommate when some morning love came knocking.]

    I will say this though, Prince deserves to be somewhere on that list. Particularly the 7 and 43 second version of Do, Me Baby off his Controversy album. Now that song provides a nice backdrop. Just saying.

  • Stereogum: Booty Music
  • No comments: