Monday, December 11, 2006

For Your Consideration



Opened my Itunes to give the Pod a charge and give a little, which means taking a little away would be going down also. As we all know, deciding what needs to stay and what should go from one's Ipod is not an easy task. You go in knowing that old Incubus album is gonna get the boot, and then you scan the tracklist and remind yourself of how much you like the disc, despite the fact that your IPod says it ain't been played in a few weeks or months. But I was distratced by all that thanks to the new release post at the bottom of the media player.

So it appears that tomorrow you can buy not one, but two cd's by an American Idol champ. In one corner we have season three winner Fantasia Barrino, and in this corner we have season five champ Taylor Hicks. I have already
  • shown some love
  • for new Fantasia, so of course I scanned that disc first. And if you must know, yes, I like it. I didn't even have to listen to a full 30 second clip to know that I liked a song. Two to five seconds were enough for me.

    Taylor Hicks on the other hand...

    I only gave him two to five seconds, but not in a good way... I'm sorry buddy.

    I listen to a lot of music, including a lot of things people would deem awful, so I am never quick to say something is awful, cause that's wrong, I choose instead to simply let it be known that an artist/track/band is not for me [see Nickelback,Panic! At the Disco, and the Decemberists to name a few] but Taylor, your disc is just bad. Overblown, loud, adult contemporary done wrong. But then again I don't know what I was expecting? Futuresex/Lovesounds? Schizophrenic? Shiiiiit. I think not.

    Of course none of this will stop Mr. Hicks from selling like hotcakes and for that I simply can't hate. Do you playa. Just letting you know that you doing you just don't do it for me. Don't believe me? Get ya listen on to both albums
  • here.


  • EW popwatch: Tasia vs. Taylor: Who will win the 'Idol' sales battle?
  • No comments: