Friday, August 10, 2007

New flava in ya ear!


Uh uh uh oh now! Pin me up, or pin me down.

A few weeks ago, the party tried to not stop til the sun came up as we all headed to the hills of Echo Park for more music and drinking following the Chromeo/Flosstradmaus show at the Echoplex. Slowly but surely, [as is the case in anyone's pad that is equipped with musical instruments] we had a late night jam session going; singing, dancing, banging tambourines, and hitting them drums to the beat. Don't fret. Not all songs required our musical accompaniment. Case in point: when a track from the Libertines' debut album came on we decided to just sing along and dance to the beat. But I also stopped because it had been a loooong time since I had given their much ballyhooed debut album a spin. I was quite surprised actually.

I echoed that same exact sentiment just a minute or two ago when I came across this, a new track from Babyshambles, the Pete Doherty led band that is set to drop a new album in the next month or so. Good for him. I totally forgot that the man made music. [Call it the Britney Spears Effect] But again, good for him; The track is quite good.

  • HYPE MACHINE: Babyshambles - Delivery
  • No comments: