Thursday, August 09, 2007

Like A Bottle of Fine Wine...

She just gets better with time...



I ain't gon lie, I almost forgot about Jill Scott. It's been a minute since I gave a tune of hers a spin, but she's still my girl. And I light up with glee whenever I hear one of her tunes out of the blue, as was the case last night as we all sat in Yvonne's living room drinking beers and talking casually with her iPod on shuffle. As soon as that Jill Scott track came on, down went my eye lids and up went my hands, as I snapped along and bobbed my head to the groove.

"Gotta go back and revisit me some Jill Scott I thought."

And while I'm at I guess I'll take the time to scan some of the new joints provided for us fans on her myspace page from her upcoming LP The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3. Of the four tracks provided, my favorite has to be the slow burning Crown Royal that compares a man she adores to a "crown royal on ice."

Check em out!

  • MYSPACE: Jill Scott
  • No comments: