Saturday, August 11, 2007

Can't Leave 'Em Alone.


-"This is R.Kelly's NAACP award certificate for nomination. You think they nominate just anyone for this award?"
-"I GOT ONE!"


At the top of January, fans, critics, and artists alike were still going ga ga over Ciara's single Promise. And why wouldn't they? It's a great track. This is also set the stage for countless remixes of said track. Some good. Some merely okay. One such remix featured R.Kelly and it was nothing more than him adding Trapped in the Closet like banter to an already fine song, leaving the beat and I believe Ciara's vocals in tact. I didn't care for it. In fact, when Idolator posted it for all the world to hear this is what I had to say:

"Uh-uh. I don't like it. This just smacks of Age Ain't Nothing But A Number/Back and Forth era Aaliyah except this time, it's just awkward. Everytime Kells comes in, I picture him in a Tommy Hilfiger skull cap [remember those?], a wifebeater, pajama bottoms, and some "house shoes", as if he wandered into Ciara's recording session "by mistake" following a trip to the corner store for some sunkist and a bag of cheetos. Uh-uh. Leave CC alone."


I couldn't help but think of that quote when I saw this pic:



R. Kelly on stage with Ciara. Scream Tour. Illinois. Yeah. Can't leave 'em Kells, huh? Can't leave 'em alone...

Pic spotted over at
  • Concrete Loop.
  • No comments: