Friday, August 03, 2007

M.I.A. Live: A Second Opinion

File Under: A Moment of Clarity


Photo spotted over at
  • Losanjealous.


  • M.I.A. was one of the many all star acts to open up Lollapolooza 2007 today in Chicago. Here's what the folks over at Rolling Stone's Rock and Roll Daily had to say about her performance:

    M.I.A. brought a booming system, vinyl-scratching DJ, rumbling bass and African samples but little else to the stage for her late afternoon set. “I lost my voice in Los Angeles,” the London-based MC confessed. “If I have to get drunk to get it on, that’s cool.” But her doubled-up hollering and insertion of the Pixies’ “Where Is My Mind?” into the mix fell on mostly deaf ears. And her decision to use video footage of the Jungle King and other assorted clips meant that all but those close to the stage watched tiny figures dance underneath the lights. M.I.A. has the studio down to a science; she needs to improve her live presence.


    See, I am not the only who thinks M.I.A.'s stage show leaves a little to be desired.

    Earlier...

  • M.I.A. Live at the Echoplex: Looking for love in all the wrong places?
  • No comments: