Friday, August 10, 2007

...

Sometime last week...

"A yo T! Download this track for me. I think it's called Crank Dat or Soldier Boy or something like that."

5 minutes later. Song downloaded, now blaring from the speakers.

"Aww shit!"

Cousin lil bro breaks out into the dance. I sit mesmerized, confused.



I still don't get it, but I will say this, the whole "let's popularize some outrageous dance for the streets" craze must be stopped. It's now become an epidemic on par with High School Musical, except blacker. Plus doesn't this seem like the kind of dance that'll just start a riot and/or all out chaos in a club? This shit takes up more space than the electric slide.

[Big ups on getting all meta with the references to the popularity of these dance "routines" on You Tube, Sidekicks and the like.]

No comments: