Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I don't talk to strangers.

I just take music advice from them.



Some things just work well together. Peanut Butter and Jelly. Ashford and Simpson. Peaches and Cream. Ass and titties. Hall and Oates. And of course, drum and bass, two instruments that reign supreme on this 45 minute album from DFA/Astralwerks darlings Prinzhorn Dance School. Over the course of sixteen tracks we're hit with bass, drums, guitar, shouts, whispers, squeals, and little else, and get this: it works. Sure it may be too simplistic for some, and the formula may wear thin after a while, but just when you think you're ready to check out, BAM! you're sucked back in, as was the case for me when track twelve -Up! Up! Up!- started to play. So big ups to the folks over at LAist for putting this new flava in my ear. As if I needed yet another batch of tunes to take in and enjoy this week. Jesus.

  • LAIST: CD Review: prinzhorn dance school
  • No comments: