Tuesday, August 28, 2007

New flava in MY ear!

A few backs I got a ride to Safari Sam's by cousin lil bro. The entire car ride I got to enjoy that whole loud ass, bass heavy, inaudible vocal having sound system of his. [And it enjoy it I did since I sat in the backseat, directly in front of the trunk that his speaker called home]

And to top it all off, he was playing his new rap fave of the moment: Lil Boosie.

Uh-uh, I don't like it.

But cousin lil bro and his boy Maurice did so I just shut up and listened. Plus I got a free car ride to Hollywood. Who am I to bitch about the mediocre music being played? The least I can do is tolerate some Lil Boosie for 20-30 minutes right?

Cut to last Saturday.

I'm already mad that I had to pay 30 dollars to get up in this club [Don't ask]. And the crowd is slightly older, mostly outdoors, or nowhere to be seen.

Why are we here again?

But things are looking up. My friend offered out of the blue to cover all the Hennessey and Cokes and Coronas with a shot of grenadine [new fave!] that I could handle. And though the "DJ" can't mix a song or fade in/fade out to save his life, his song selection is tolerable and for the most part highly enjoyable.

Especially when this one track comes on. All the girls run to the dancefloor. "OOH SHIT GIRL! COME ON GIRL! COME ON! THIS IS MY SHIT!"

And the fellas at the bar are leanin' and rockin' wit it. Shit I don't know the words and yet I find myself just as jubilant as everyone else midway through the song, wiping off my girl's shoulder and my own, and dusting the bar top off with a napkin.

Cut to Sunday evening.

ME: ...And then this one song came on about wiping people down and people went crazy.
COUSIN LIL BRO: Yeah that's that Lil Boosie. "Shoulders, Chest, Pants, Shoes. WIPE ME DOWN!"

Really?

Oh well. I like it anyway.

No comments: