Sunday, December 14, 2008

PUT THE NEEDLE ON IT!: Tauwan's Top Albums of 2008



12/Bon Iver/For Emma, Forever Ago

For Emma.


Forever ago we had these memories. Moments. Brief wrinkles in time. We longed for each other. We enjoyed one another. We spoke with such clarity. In clear, quiet, hushed tones we spoke to one another. And we listened, letting our emotions rise above the fray; our vocals evocatively portraying how we truly feel, giving more weight to the words, a sentence, what we say. ‘Cut out all the ropes and let me fall’…‘Fit it all, fit it in the doldrums’...’this is not the sound of a new man or crispy realization/it’s the sound of the unlocking and the lift away/your love will be/safe with me.’…Please trust me, hear me, listen to me. Walk with me. Hear these thoughts, these rhythms, sincere and delicate melodies. Give me your shoulder and lend me your ear. Speak to me, listen to me. These memories, these moments, with Emma Forever Ago.
KEY TRACKS: Flume/Skinny Love/Re: Stacks

  • 13/The Black Keys/Attack & Release


  • 14/Hercules & Love Affair/Hercules & Love Affair


  • 15/MGMT/Oracular Spectacular


  • 16/The Kills/Midnight Boom


  • 17/Madonna/Hard Candy


  • 18/Lil Wayne/Tha Carter III


  • 19/Ashlee Simpson/Bittersweet World


  • 20/Santogold/Santogold


  • 21/The Roots/Rising Down


  • 22/Kidz in the Hall/The In Crowd


  • 23/Panic at the Disco/Pretty.Odd.


  • 24/Deerhunter/Microcastle AND Why?/Alopecia


  • 25/Kings of Leon/Only By the Night
  • No comments: