Tuesday, December 09, 2008

PUT THE NEEDLE ON IT!: Tauwan's Top Albums of 2008







17/Madonna/Hard Candy

I like my pop music sweet; “…Raw, sticky, and sweet.” I like the sugar to connect immediately, and run right through me like a rush of blood to the head. I like the beat to pulsate, make the floor vibrate, groove me, move me, thrill me, kiss me, take me to another place. Take me out of this right here, right now, whether it be for three minutes, two and half minutes, four and a quarter, or six. I want it to stop all the world now, and let nothing else exist but this hook, this melody, this dancefloor, this beat. I want my sugar, and I’d prefer to have it “raw, sticky, and sweet”. I like to grind to the throb of the thick, sweet bass, (Dance Tonight), or glide to a midsummer’s night groove (Beat Goes On). And of course when it comes down to it, I see nothing wrong with cascading to a Fun House tune (Incredible). I like to dress myself up in the sass, the swag, and the stance of the performer behind the mic (She’s Not Me); Rot my tooth, hurt my feet, and flip my lid to the Chic approved Rick James thump of a take my time/let it breath beat (Give it 2 Me). I like to give it up for the producers, the artist, these craftsmen (Pharrell, Justin, and Tim B) for giving me this Hard Candy, cause I like my pop music “raw, sticky, and sweet!”
KEY TRACKS: Give it 2 Me/She’s Not Me/Beat Goes On

  • 18/Lil Wayne/Tha Carter III


  • 19/Ashlee Simpson/Bittersweet World


  • 20/Santogold/Santogold


  • 21/The Roots/Rising Down


  • 22/Kidz in the Hall/The In Crowd


  • 23/Panic at the Disco/Pretty.Odd.


  • 24/Deerhunter/Microcastle AND Why?/Alopecia


  • 25/Kings of Leon/Only By the Night
  • No comments: