Thursday, June 28, 2007

Quote of the Day!


Shawwty can you buy me a drink?*

"I bartend at a club called the The Spot in Jackson, MS, where T-Pain was supposed to perform this past Saturday, June 23. People paid from $30 up to $100 to see T-Pain, and he did not show up, because a stretch limousine was sent to his hotel to chauffer him to the venue, instead of the four SUV's requested in his rider.

Mind you, I was not there for negotiation and do not know all the details of the contract, but I got this information straight from the promoters of the show, who announced to the crowd of about 2,000 that T-Pain was too ill to perform (instead of telling the truth and making T-Pain look like an asshole as I would have).

I understand business is business, but for someone who claims to have been begging for dollars outside of McDonald's a couple of years ago, that was a bitch move. T-Pain got paid tens of thousands of dollars to lay up in the Hilton for a night while his fans, who spent their hard earned money to see him, went home disappointed. T-Pain definitely owes Jackson, MS an explanation, or at least an apology. Better yet, a show." -- Ebony Mystique tells the folks over at
  • Crunk + Disorderly
  • Big ups for the quote and the info.

    *Guess not.

    Oh T-Pain. That shit ain't right.

    P.S.:

    Why is this song growing on me?

    -Sigh -

    I blame being in a predominantly black club accompained by a female Howard grad who was up on all the urban hits and dance grooves. Damn. You gotta understand me though, sometimes it's hard to be ignorant and pout when the beat is being blasted through a club, EVERYBODY is feeling it, and you got that henny in your system. Still can't get over that "we in the bed like ooh" part. Ugh.

    No comments: